Tupperware Brands products are guaranteed for a lifetime of service with minimum care. Now I will share with you a few tips on cleaning, storing and to maintain your Tupperware in good condition. Follow these simple steps for the best results.
As you cleaning your tupperware using hand-wash, make sure you use:
- warm, soapy water and a soft sponge to avoid any scratches to your precious Tupperware.
- Dry it with soft towel or air-dry away from direct heat.
- Avoid any abrasive cleaners as these will dull the finish or leave scratches.
- Baking soda paste can be use to remove any stain or to get rid of stickiness.
- Hot liquid that contains fat - you must cool it before you place it in your Tupperware. Hot liquid can damage the container.
- Hot beverages made with boiling water - Let the liquid cool before applying the seal.
- If seal too tight, place it in hot water for a few minutes then apply it to the container while the seal is still warm.
- Liquid storage in containers - keep it in upright position unless it is from "Classic Round Seals Product" which is "liquid tight".
REHEATING FOOD IN MICROWAVE
- Reheatable products are mainly for reheating foods, NOT cooking foods inside it.
- Do not use reheatable products:
- In the conventional oven.
- On the stove.
- Under a grill
- In convection wave.
- Do not use containers in the microwave with the seal on it.
- Reheating tomatos or chilli-based sauces and food may cause staining to your pretty Tupperware.
- Avoid reheating foods high in fat or sugar content as they reach higher temperature quickly and may cause damage to your containers.
COOKING FOODS IN MICROWAVE
- Use only TupperWave products only in microwave.
- Do not use in conventional oven, under a grill or on the stove.
- Always use pot holder to handle containers after cooking in microwave.
- Use plastic or wooden utensil to avoid scratches.
- Avoid cooking small amount of food high in fat and high sugar content.
Cleaning Guide for TupperWave and Reheatable Products
- Wash containers and seals in warm soapy water.
- Soak in hot, soapy water if food is sticky or baked on.
- For persistent stains, use of the following:
- non-scratching cleaner
- non-scratching pad
- strong solution of detergent and water.